Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I miss the twins

Life is much more simple without the twinkies here. I can come and go as I please. When I ask people to do something, they mostly obey and I don't have to do much follow up. I can take a shower without someone knocking on the door to tell me something that is super important. I can find a quiet place to read. I can (hopefully I will) organize a room. But I miss those sweet kids. I know they are wrapped in the arms of a GOOD God.

Last night Erin (7) climbed into our bed at 4:30 am...not very typical for her. I asked her if she was okay and what she was thinking about. She said, "I miss the twins, but I am sure they are having fun with their mom." I started to talk to her about it, then realized she just needed a hug. I snuggled with her and we both slept well the rest of the night. 

I asked her about it in the morning and she didn't remember a thing. I am convinced that the Holy Spirit gave her peace in the night. Sure she needed her mama's hugs, but the fact that she could she could say, "I am sure they are having fun with their mom." What a good God we serve. He will protect my babies. Even though there is heartache and struggle- they are able to hear His voice. 

In this world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment